Billy Wins for third year at Liverpool International Horse Show
Billy won the TheraPlate UK Liverpool International Grand Prix for a remarkable third time in five years after an exhibition of world-class showjumpjng at the M&S Bank Arena.
Billy, one of the most consistent Irish riders of his generation, followed Liverpool grand prix wins with Diaghilev in 2015 and 2016 by scooping a £26,000 top prize.
He triumphed in the jump-off on Kimba Flamenco by almost two seconds from 18-year-old British prospect Jack Whitaker, riding Elucar V.E. and British Tokyo 2020 Olympic hopeful Holly Smith, who was third aboard Hearts Destiny.
Course designer Alan Wade's brilliant track tested every combination in a 31-strong field, with just six making it through to the jump-off.
And Billy showcased all his experience to preserve an amazing record of every Liverpool grand prix either being won by himself or fellow Irishman Shane Breen.
"To win the grand prix three times here is amazing," Billy said.
"My horse jumped fantastic. He has been close to doing something in the last couple of shows, and finally it has paid off for me and him here.
"I am delighted for the owner and everyone involved with the horse. A win always helps everything.
"He is an extremely talented horse. He has won a CSIO five-star grand prix in Falsterbo, so he is winning at every level, which is good.
"The course builder is probably the best course builder on the planet. He made it difficult enough that it wasn't a giveaway to anyone. You needed to jump the course. It wasn't a rat-race.
"In the jump-off, I tried to put it up to the rest of the riders. Sometimes, when you go early, you don't really know, but thankfully I held on to clinch the win."
Chat Botte on Form in Norten Hardenberg
Chat Botte ED is returning to form with an impressive double clear to take 4th place in the Grand Prix on the final day after winning the Mattie Brown Stakes at Nottinghamshire County Show the previous weekend.
Je T'aime Flamenco's Youngster Shines at Dublin
SVS Valiant a 3 year old by Je T'aime Flamenco won the Loose Jumping Championships at the Dublin International Horse Show at the RDS this week.
A Great Start To Dublin For Billy
Billy had a great to start to his week at Dublin with a win on Joe Flynn's Ardculumn Duke
What a Weekend!
This weekend I was competing in Falsterbo, Sweden. I had an amazing weekend winning three classes!
Free Otto Sport Seminar
My amazing sponsors are offering an invitation to learn everything you need to know about their brilliant surfaces I have installed at my yard.
Free OTTO Sport Surface Seminar!
We warmly invite you to join us on one of our free OTTO Sport Surface Seminars near your
location in the UK!
Get detailed insight into the equestrian surface everyone is talking about:
- How can I determine good and bad quality factors in an equestrian surface?
- What is important when I want to build my own arena?
- What alternatives to wax surfaces are there?
- How can I get a top quality footing for a decent price?
- What is the secret behind the OTTO Sport system?
- What is the OTTO-PerforatedMat?
- How do I properly maintain my arena?
Also, you will get a change to try the latest, revolutionary product in the equestrian sector:
OTTO Sport CASANOVA™ - watch the promo video here
- The seminar is completely free of charge!
- With over 25 years of experience and over 6000 installed riding arenas all over the world, the
- Germany-based company OTTO Sport International has become one of the globally leading experts in supplying equestrian surfaces.
Find out the answers to these questions and much more by joining us on the FREE seminar closest to your location!
June 13th, 2017
(former Royal Leisure Centre)
Henfield BN5 9SD
June 20th, 2017
Billy Twomey Stables
NG14 7JB Gonalston
Sign up here: https://www.ottosport-events.com/
Over decades of company experience, OTTO Sport International have installed their arena system in major riding facilities and events such as:
- Olympic Games 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 2010 FEI World Equestrian Games in Kentucky, USA
- Longines Global Champions Tour (several locations)
- FEI World Cup Finals 2006 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Zabeel, Stables in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Jumping Verona, Italy since 1999
- Arezzo Equestrian Center, Italy
- Vilamoura Equestrian Center, Portugal
The most renowned equestrians around the world trust in surfaces by OTTO Sport:
- British showjumper John Whitaker
- Irish showjumper Billy Twomey
- American Dressage Olympic medalist Steffen Peters
- German showjumper Meredith-Michaels Beerbaum
- American Olympic Dressage rider Debbie McDonald
- Saudi-Arabian showjumper Ramzy AlDuhami
- German Olympic Dressage rider Klaus Balkenhol
- Swiss Vaulting World Champion Patrick Looser
OTTO Sport - YOU KNOW WHY.
OTTO Sport UK
590 Kingston Road London SW20 8DN United Kingdom
Phone: +44 7391645854